As a Research Scientist or Research Fellow, you will be performing R&D that advances and demonstrates UNiCEN’s capabilities in the general area of urban and port transport management, operations and optimisation using real-life data sets.
Being part of the team that shape Singapore’s urban mobility and computing landscape, you will
- Build our engagement with industry partners to enhance the UNiCEN’s capability to apply data & decision analytics and incentive design on large-scale near-real time integrated urban and port logistic planning
- Work under supervision of Principal Investigator on research problems to design, develop and implement working prototypes as well as to produce publication
- Engage & lead in project discussions and requirement gatherings with industry partners
- Manage project implementation and team resources to ensure test-bed solutions being delivered on time and meet requirements
- Research methods and tools for optimising integrated maritime-port-urban logistics and supply chain management activities
This may include modelling and making suggestions to improve business processes and operation.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Research background in data-mining, machine learning and optimisation
- Experience in designing incentive mechanism and conducting real-world experiments
- Experience in building visualisation toolkit and analytics
- Proficient in C++ or Java programming
- Use of optimisation tools such as CPLEX/OPL or Matlab
- Excellent problem solving mind-set and well-developed conceptualisation skills
- Good organisational discipline with integrity and ability to exercise high levels of discretion
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work as a team and independently
To apply for Research Scientist or Research Fellow position, please send your full CV, with list of publications and two sample publications (if any), names and contact information of at least two referees, and a statement on research and project experience and interests to email@example.com.
Last updated on 08 Jul 2016 .